The Scholarship is awarded annually to a current, recently graduated college student or a young artist up to the age of 29 who has consistently pursued a visual art career and is currently producing work. The grant is comprised of an all-expense paid participation in the Letchworth Arts and Crafts Show presented by the Arts Council for Wyoming County, significant publicity and a solo exhibition in the following year. The student will also receive FREE booth space at the Annual Letchworth Arts and Crafts Show and Sale. This is a wonderful opportunity for a young artist to sell and make connections that will help promote them and their art.
This scholarship is valued at $10000.00; it covers the cost of the registration, booth fee, lunch for the three days of the festival, a basic tent and a $200.00 stipend for materials used to prepare for the solo exhibition in January.
Criteria and requirements
Applicant must meet 3 or more of the following:
- Attend a college in Upstate NY.
- Live in Upstate NY.
- Be enrolled in a two or four year college.
- Is no older than 29 years old.
- Have produced a significant body of work in the last three - five years.
Applicant must submit by email on or before December 31st:
- A brief statement regarding the reason for applying.
- A resume’ or biography – one page maximum.
- Up to 5 digital images of work created in the last three years.
- The application form below or the information required from it must accompany items 1 -3.